Prof. Dr. Ali Hirsa
Dr. Branka Hadj Misheva
Prof. Dr. Jörg Osterrieder
The global financial sector is undergoing a period of significant change and disruption. Advances in technology are enabling businesses to fundamentally rethink the way in which they generate value and interact with their environment. In this era of digital transformation, AI has the potential to fundamentally change business models of financial service providers and further accelerate the pace of innovation. Yet, despite the significant progress, many challenges remain that will require further scientific breakthrough.
Specific topics covered:
- Importance of data and the need for augmented data
- Applications in finance: data mining, feature extraction/engineering, feature importance, climate change and climate risk finance, quantitative/computational finance, asset/wealth management, private equity, pre/post-M&A, fraud detection, real estate and real estate related portfolios, credit scoring, etc.
- Explainable & interpretable ML
- Differential privacy and AI
- Where are we heading?
Prof. Dr. Ali Hirsa, Professor and Director of Financial Engineering, Columbia University in the City of NY
Dr. Branka Hadj Misheva, Scientific Employee at ZHAW Zurich University of Applied Sciences
Prof. Dr. Jörg Osterrieder, Professor of Finance and Risk Modelling at ZHAW School of Engineering
moderated by Karlo Novak, EY and chaired by Sandro Schmid Partner at LPA and board member Swiss Risk Association
In our chapter events – access for members only – we present one or more speakers to share knowledge, updates and best practises on a specific risk topic. In small groups of risk professionals you can exchange thoughts and test ideas. More on SRA chapters. This event is hosted by the chapter Digital Age – FinTech, AI and Cyber Risk.
AI in Financial Services
16. November 2021
18:00 - 19:30
Venue: University Zurich (KOL-F-109)
Room and Coronavirus protection at UZH
- KOL-F-109 is very spacious with 84 places (for approximately 50 guests)
- COVID certificate required
- Masks recommended