- The Swiss Risk Award is an annual award for and outstanding contribution to risk management.
- This can be a project or product submitted by an individual or group/team.
- Must have been developed for the most part in Switzerland or for a company/institution with head office in CH.
- Cash prize of CHF 2’500 and chance to present at a high-profile venue.
Swiss Risk Award
- Step 1 – Short nomination: 25.8.2023
- Step 2 – Initial shortlisting by Award Committee*: 1.9.2023
- Step 3 – Assessment with further information (presentations, papers, references etc.): 15.9.2023
- Step 4 – Selection of winner and runner up by Judging Panel**: 3.10.2023
- Ceremony during flagship event on 22.11.2023
* Award Committee: Anton Seidel (Swiss Re), Janos Blum (ZKB), Ioannis Akkizidis (Wolters Kluwer), Jean-Pierre Colombara (LGT), Kathrin Meier (Entrepreneur & Book Author, former Chief Risk Officer)
** Judging Panel: Roger Müller (CRO ZKB), Monica Mächler (BoD Zurich Insurance), Dominic Rau (Risk Management, Swiss Re), Volker Gloe (CRO Cembra Bank) and Prof. Josef Teichmann (ETH Zürich)
- Cash prize of CHF 2’500. Note: in case of a group or firm winning, the prize money must be split.
- Chance to present at a high profile venue, e.g. speaking slot at ETH Risk Days, speaking slot at SRA event (Swiss Risk Dinner or Chapter) etc.
- All finalists will be honoured for their achievements with a Swiss Risk Association certificate.
Criteria for selection
- Practical Impact: Improves (or has potential to improve) effectiveness/efficiency of risk management practices at a micro- or macro level
- Originality/creativity: Candidates are “thinking outside the box” as well as “looking at the bigger picture” while pushing/expanding the intellectual boundaries
- Societal impact: What is the potential application in contributing to the risk management system from a societal perspective? I.e. is there a broader benefit for society? Or is this mainly for the benefit/competitive advantage of a few/select firms/institutions?
Who will win the next Swiss Risk Award?
Maybe you. If or your team have contributed value to risk management, then you should let us know and register for the Swiss Risk Award. We are looking forward to hear about your contribution!
We are looking for innovators
With fresh ideas in risk management. If you want to achieve further recognition in risk community, accelerate your risk career, grow your network and share your expertise the Swiss Risk Award might just be the boost you are looking for!
Corporate Packages Overview
New packages 2024 now available: We offer various corporate packages tailored to the specific needs of your company. Join the exclusive community, gain valuable insights and profit from networking options.