Who will be the next Swiss Risk Manager of the Year?
Maybe you. If you - or someone you know - has demonstrated excellence and outstanding achievements in risk management you should register now for the Swiss Risk Award and find out.
We are looking for innovators with fresh ideas in risk management. If you want to achieve further recognition in risk community, accelerate your risk career, grow your network and share your expertise the Swiss Risk Award might just be the boost you are looking for!
Registration is open for all individuals, regardless of SRA membership, occupation, employer or rank:
- You can register yourself or nominate someone else until 30th of June.
- The nominee is currently in a function with a clear connection to risk management.
Note: SRA recognizes and respects the sensitive nature of the information submitted in the entries. Entries are not disclosed or discussed outside the judging process.
- 1st selection: The Award Committee (Anton Seidel, Ioannis Akkizidis, Sandro Schmid, Prof. Walter Farkas) will select the top 5 finalists.
- 2nd selection: A judging panel consisting of senior experts from academia and industry will review and vote for the winner in an open ballot ( (Prof. Paul Embrechts, Sandro Schmid, Prof. Walter Farkas, Manfred Plank, Stephan Schreckenberg).
Ceremony and prize
- The winner and top 5 finalists will be invited to the Swiss Risk Award ceremony in autumn 2019 at our flagship event.
- 1st prize: the winner will receive CHF 1000.-, an award and the title "Swiss Risk Manager of the Year 2019". He/She will further be invited as a speaker for a forthcoming SRA event.
- All finalists will be honoured for their achievements with a Swiss Risk Association certificate.
The winner and Swiss Risk Manager of the Year 2018 is David Ardia from University of Neuchâtel. Congratulations!
David Ardia was nominated by Attilio Meucci for his “open source” research approach in quantitative methods for forecasting market risks. David is assistant professor of finance and head of the Master of Science in Finance (MScF) at the University of Neuchâtel and visiting professor of finance at Laval University, Québec City, Canada.
The ceremony was part of our Flagship event on 23th October 2018 - see photos.
The Top 5 finalists in 2018 were
- Florénce Angles, Reyl & Cie Ltd
- David Ardia, University of Neuchâtel
- Andreas Blöchinger, Zürcher Kantonalbank
- Lorenz Reichl, UBS
- Fréderic Planchet, eActuary
The winner and Swiss Risk Manager of the Year 2017 was Christian Fankhauser from SBB. Congratulations!
He was nominated for some of his outstanding projects by Roy Baumann and convinced our jury:
- BI per Minute of Delay Model: quantification of the cost of train delay per minute (!)
- Digital insurance, "the battle is for the customer interface“: on-line solution guarantee insurance for rent deposits
- Earthquake / Terrorism: preparing cover solutions for earthquake risk
- NDBI: created 3-year NDBI policy covering cyber attacks like wanna-cry
The ceremony was part of our Flagship event on 29th November 2017 - please find photos here.