Who will be the next Swiss Risk Manager of the Year?
Maybe you. If you - or someone you know - has demonstrated excellence and outstanding achievements in risk management during the last 12 months you should register now for the Swiss Risk Award and find out.
Registration is open for all individuals, regardless of SRA membership, occupation, employer or rank:
- You can register yourself or nominate someone else until 30th of June
- The nominee is currently in a function with a clear connection to risk management
- The nominee is working for any kind of a swiss institution or swiss company (swiss domicile not required)
Note: SRA recognizes and respects the sensitive nature of the information submitted in the entries. Entries are not disclosed or discussed outside the judging process.
- We will preselect the applications for completeness
- The Award Committee will select the top 5 finalists
- We will contact the 5 final nominees and will ask for a reference letter and reference contacts
- A judging panel consisting of senior experts from academia and industry will review and vote for the winner in an open ballot
- The winner and top 5 finalists will be invited to the Swiss Risk Award ceremony in autumn
- 30th June 2019: Deadline for registrations. Application for 2019 is closed. Later registrations will be considered for 2020.
- Autumn 2019: Ceremony of the Swiss Risk Award at one of our flagship events.
Ceremony and prize
- The ceremony will take place in autumn 2019 our flagship event
- 1st prize: the winner will receive an award and the title "Swiss Risk Manager of the Year 2019"
- All top 5 finalists will be honoured for their achievements with a Swiss Risk Association certificate
The Top 5 finalists in 2018 were
- Florénce Angles, Reyl & Cie Ltd
- David Ardia, University of Neuchâtel
- Andreas Blöchinger, Zürcher Kantonalbank
- Lorenz Reichl, UBS
- Fréderic Planchet, eActuary
The winner and Swiss Risk Manager of the Year 2018 is David Ardia from University of Neuchâtel. Congratulations!
David Ardia was nominated by Attilio Meucci for his “open source” research approach in quantitative methods for forecasting market risks. The ceremony was part of our Flagship event on 23th October 2018 - see photos.
The winner and Swiss Risk Manager of the Year 2017 was Christian Fankhauser from SBB. Congratulations!
He was nominated for some of his outstanding projects by Roy Baumann and convinced our jury. The ceremony was part of our Flagship event on 29th November 2017 - please find photos here.