Are operational resilience and classical risk analysis opposites or can they coexist?
The current FINMA strategy considers new requirements for operational risks and operational resilience. In practice, many institutes are still far from being operationally resilient. This event will focus on answering the following questions:
- Resilience and risk – the same or different? Some valuable insights from theory.
- Shifting from risk to resilience – What does that mean?
- What does resilience (vs. BCM etc.) actually mean? Illustrating the sometimes theoretical/abstract concepts with cyber examples
- How resilient are we? 5 signs you may need to boost your cyber resilience
- Now what? Practical examples of what companies are doing to increase their cyber resilience
- Practice makes perfect, one does not want to be caught off guard when a real attack happens and not have experience on proper response
- New attack methodologies are constantly developed it is very difficult to have everyone on the same page all the time without preparations
- This allows for third party to provide practical feedback and help to improve response
Marcel Fehr: Senior Lead Risk Practice and Implementation at RSN Risk Solution Network AG
Alexandra Burns: Partner – Head FS Risk & Compliance / Internal Audit at PwC
Boris Khazin: Global Head of DRM/GRC (Digital Risk Management/Governance, Risk and Compliance) Services at EPAM
moderated by Pascal Roth.
18:00 Welcome and Introduction (Pascal Roth)
18:10 Current developments on Principles for Operational Resilience and challenges (Marcel Fehr)
18:25 Case studies and implemented solutions (Alexandra Burns, Boris Khazin)
19:10 Conclusion and Thanks
19:20 Networking drinks
In our chapter events – access for members only – we present one or more speakers to share knowledge, updates and best practices on a specific risk topic. In small groups of risk professionals you can exchange thoughts and test ideas. More on SRA chapters. This event is hosted by the chapter Digital Age – FinTech, AI and Cyber Risk.
29. August 2022
18:00 - 20:30
Venue: UBS Grünenhof